In this course, “Organizational Behavior and Leadership”, you will be imparted with skills to develop yourself into a more effective leader within your organisation. An effective leader is not only defined by his/ her ability to lead members towards organisational goals, but is also someone who can effectively harness and interpret people-organisational relationship to implement necessary changes for continuous business growth.
We will learn about the key considerations when implementing change within a team and an organisation. You will come to understand and appreciate why some organisations work and why some do not. This course will also cover the key difficulties of implementing change initiatives and what you should do to overcome them.
In summary, students will:
- Learn key frameworks and their applications to enable them to grow into leaders that can cope with the rapidly changing business environment of today
- Learn about common pitfalls experienced by middle management, differences between managing and leading and human behavior & psychology in the workplace
- Explore and analyze operating conditions, business characteristics, and factors relating to strategic management
- Learn how organizations encourage innovation, foster an ideal corporate culture, and how to align organisational change initiatives with your changing business model
- Study themes on Leadership, Empowerment, Group Management, Change Management Leadership and Collective Genius
This course is intended for all students who aspire to improve their leadership ability and their capacity to adapt to environmental changes.
Theme & Reading Materials
|THEME||Middle Leaders’ Inner Conflicts and Personal Growth during Organizational Change|
|To understand some of the difficult issues middle managers face in the midst of organizational change.|
|THEME||Corporate management and leadership|
To explore the appropriate type of behavior by a leader who understands the connectivity between human interactions and the influence they have on key elements and dynamics of a corporation’s organization.
|THEME||Group Management and Team Building|
To understand what leaders need to be careful upon setting up a task force to achieve a particular agenda such as goal setting, team size, or member composition.
|THEME||Organizational Change and Management|
To think about how to analyze a complex situation and how to carry out the necessary change.
|THEME||Leadership and Organizations that Encourage Innovation|
To understand leadership and how to manage teams that generate innovation under the situation where external environment changes rapidly.
|THEME||Managing Corporate Entrepreneurship|
To understand what is needed to lead large organizations to innovate and, considering all their learning so far, how to carry out transformation and empowerment.